I’ve always been a huge fan of New Year’s Day. It’s a day for reflection on the previous year’s achievements and challenges, a day to sit down and write out goals for the following year, a day of excitement and anticipation.
Looking back at 2016, I see many blessings. I also see room for improvement.
- Chad and I have hit a really awesome stride in our marriage. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I started helping him at his chiropractic clinic again. We are a team, and the love is deep.
- Career wise, I started my online coaching business and have helped quite a few people lose weight/bulk depending on their goals. I had one client tell me that I saved his life. Talk about rewarding!
- My relationship with God feels solid.
- I’ve seen my dad biweekly on average, except when one of us are traveling. He even got to go on our Big Bend adventure, which was totally awesome
- My relationship with food is the healthiest it’s ever been.
- I finally got a Jeep! I fantasized about being a Jeep owner since my freshman year of high school.
Room for Improvement:
- I barely read anything this year.
- I haven’t put enough work into my close friendships.
- I acquired a bit of debt.
- The house is still not finished after 4 years.
- I only averaged 1 gym session per week the last 6 weeks of the year.
Goals for 2017:
- Relationship – One date (night or day) per week with Chad. The gym counts since it’s something that really bonds us.
- Career – Help Chad 4x/week at the clinic. Get Youtube channel up and running. Begin offering a group coaching option so that I can help those people who want one on one coaching but can’t afford it.
- Leisure – Read 1 book per month.
- Spiritual – Pray daily. Finish the Circle Maker (this can count towards goal 3!).
- Family/Friends – Have 1 lunch date per month with a friend. Phone a different friend biweekly (I was going to say weekly, but that’s just not realistic) because there’s something really special about actually talking versus texting. Visit with our parents weekly even if it’s only for a few minutes.
- Finances – Pay off debt!!! Refinance the house.
- Health – Consistently hit the gym 3x/week. Do something active daily; even if it’s just riding the Airdyne in my living room for 10 minutes.
- Physical Environment – Finish remodeling the house: game room and music/play room in the 1st half of the year and the dining room and front yard the 2nd half of the year.
Excited is an understatement for how I feel going into 2017. The goals I set for myself are totally realistic and attainable. I still need to put a due date on a few of them, but overall I feel really great about what’s in store 🙂
How about you? What are your goals for the new year?